Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Losing Continues

I decided when I created this blog that I would be brutally honest with it, good or bad.

Early last week, I arranged for a sweat session with the Maven for Thursday night. I received a call from Zac around 11:00 pm telling me this was going to cost me $150. He explained that I could call around and talk to other students and possibly sweat them via Skype and Teamviewer for a cheaper price if I wanted. Needless to say, I was less than pleased about this and decided against it. It is absolutely unreal that I should have to pay $150 to watch him play….or anyone else for that matter. Do not get me wrong…. I like Zac, he seems to be a good guy from little time I spent with him, so I will not kill the messenger over this. But I think this is total bullshit.

I was told to send over some hand histories from a couple of tourneys I played, so I will be doing that later this evening. I tried exporting them from HEM but no luck so far. I will admit PT3 might been a little easier in this aspect because everything goes to an export folder…so instead I emailed Full Tilt for them and should get them any time now.

The fact is, I am still a losing player at the low stakes. I decided to drop my stakes even more to practice the system and it truly does not work at these stakes. When playing against these truly bad players, you need to play them straight forward with no system other than TAG poker.
I just finished browsing Pocketfives and saw that Kennl took down the 50/50 on Full tilt again. I looked up his recent scores and was blown away. He is absolutely destroying online poker.

My GF emailed him through another poker forum a couple weeks back and he replied that he runs 3-22 inch monitors and nothing else. No tracking software, no Sharkscope, and no short cut programs. He plays 10-12 hours a day in an office on the backside of his home. On any given day, he is playing every tournament available right alongside of every $24 45-man SNG. How is he able to make that many decisions that fast for such a long period of time is truly not human. My guess is that he is just one of those rare human beings. (i.e. Will Hunting)

Troy “Gambler2k4” Gamble is doing some crazy “40K in three months” challenge. I posted a link to it off to the right of my blog. Check it out. He used to have the funniest blog on CardRunners but for some reason he took it down. The guy is funny as hell and a great poker player too. Troy is a regular at the 2/4 level on Stars, so I don’t know what he is doing at .25/.50, other than showing people it can be done… good luck buddy!

Edit:

I am doing my best to remain positive and this is more than likely a tilt edit…..but I am beyond pissed right now at this fucking game. I made a comment to Ari and David both the other day about why they do not play the lower buy-ins. It was explained to me that since they have good ROI, it makes sense to play the high stakes, better returns on their buy-ins. That of course makes perfect sense to me.

I on the other hand would love to play the higher stakes because people who play the higher stakes understand what pot odds are, or that ace two is not a made hand pre-flop, or calling off half of your stack with QJo is a mistake, or better yet, when the action goes raise, re-raise, all-in, the guy with pocket fives 25bb deep who is last to act comes along.

I cannot beat the lower stakes.






No comments:

Post a Comment