Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Any Chance I Could Get a Refund?

I would like to thank everyone for the PMs on P5’s and of course via Facebook. I wanted to wait a week or so after I had put in some volume so my blog post would be a little bit interesting. I sent over some handhistories for Zac (David’s assistant) to review. I guess in a few spots I was calling when I should have been raising….things like that. So I made the adjustments and have decided to share my results.

I’m losing now more than ever.

You know, the funny thing is, I know how to play this game. I have played and studied more online poker in the last month of my life than in any other stretch. I am talking 16+ hour days of playing, Poker X Factor videos, and hand history review. The problem is, I am either running bad or I am making mistakes. I am going to assume the latter because I personally do not believe that people “run bad”. I don’t believe in “luck”…since there has never been anything to prove someone is lucky or unlucky. I stick with the basics - math and statistics.
As I mentioned before, I play the lower stakes. There was a good article posted by a P5’s member (http://www.pocketfives.com/poker-articles/the-curse-of-ax-4668751) who addressed players at the lower buy-ins. I could not agree with him more. While I am happy I paid for and attended the Maven’s training, it really isn’t something you can use at the very low buy-ins. You aren’t running off hands like ace rag and king jack at these levels. I cannot believe how many times my KK has been cracked by ace rag post flop, or how many times I have been up against KJ with 1010, AQs, and lost…..it goes on and on.

I studied Gutshtallin’s video series on Poker X Factor and was really impressed with his line of thinking. He admits when he was wrong and clearly talks out every situation and the reasons for his moves. I have been a Card Runners and PXF guy for a long time and I think out of every MTT video I have ever seen, I like his the most. Hmmm…the “most” might be a little much, but between him and AJKHoosier… it’s close. AJKHoosier’s videos are always very entertaining to watch…and educational.

I finally have some money on Pokerstars now, and I took a shot at some of the $4 180-man tourneys only to bubble the cash in one of them. I never thought I would like to play on PokerStars, but they offer so much more for the low stakes MTT player.

I watched The Maven win the $33K cubed on FT tonight! Congrats! I also saw Daisyxoxo make a nice run in the $1k Monday on FT….congrats to you too buddy! I guess Bryan Micon had a couple of really nice scores this past week too, as well as Rjules. Seems like everyone David trains is killing it....sucks being the red headed step-child. Oh well, maybe things will start turning around soon.

Does anyone know how to export a tourney’s HH from HoldEm Manager? In PokerTracker I have a folder it gets sent to, but HEM is different. I usually just end up asking Full Tilt to send me the tourney histories via email, but that takes a couple of days and I like to start reviewing right after I donk out of a tourney.

Well I think I played a total of 15 low buy-in tourneys today and I did not cash in anything. It is 2:27 a.m. and again, I am beyond frustrated. I paid for the training, I am putting in the volume, and I am being completely honest with myself…so if anyone has any suggestions let me know. While I am not a solid winning player, I was at the very least break-even before the training.

Now I am broke and losing. It does not matter though, I refuse to give up. Sometimes I wish I knew how to quit, but it just is not in me.

Below is a video of how I feel after each poker session lately.....enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I was lucky enough to read Killer Poker by John Vorhaus as my first ever poker book.5 yrs on I can see that whilst it's certainly not the greatest ever book on poker,his "bet big or go home" philosophy is ideal for micro-stakes play.
    The forums all advise 3bb preflop raises and 2.5bb later on.Below $11 I'd go 4bb pf and rarely as low as 2.5bb.If you're still getting 3-4 callers then up it some more.You have to adjust to levels/table conditions.

    You also mentioned a few spots where you were calling and not raising.Sticking to a raise/fold game as often as possible may help your game too.

    If you bubbled a $180 you were probably only a flip or two from a decent cash so don't lose heart!

    Gl at the felt.

    ReplyDelete